Planning & Zoning

Lisa Wiegand

Planning & Zoning Administrator


Gage County Planning
Commission Members


End of Term

Monte Murkle
7001 W Aspen Rd.
Clatonia, NE 68328
(Vice Chairman)
402-989-4009 Home 12-12 12-21
Rodney Ensz
12004 W State Hwy 4
Beatrice, NE 68310
 402-239-6377 Cell 1-17 1-20
Steve Whitwer
38830 S 10th Rd.
Blue Springs, NE 68318
402-520-0197 Cell 2-13 2-19
Dennis Rosene
6038 W Cedar Rd
DeWitt NE 68341(Chairman)
402-429-7075 Cell 6-14 6-20
Terry Acton
31250 S 94th Rd
Beatrice, NE 68310
402-228-4547 Home 1-12 1-21
Wade Thornburg
608 27th Circle
Beatrice, NE 68310
402-239-0504 Cell 6-16 6-19
Jeff Argo
50281 S 108th Rd
Wymore, NE 68466
402-806-2370 Cell 7-18 7-21

revised 6/2018


Zoning Regulations

Permitted Conditional
Uses LFO
Uses LFO
AG1 4/Legal Quarter 300-749 AU 750+ AU Not Allowed
AG2 5/Legal Quarter 300-599 AU 600+ AU Allowed
AG3 2/Legal Quarter 300-599 AU 600+ AU Not Allowed
AG4 Unlimited None Permitted 300+ AU Allowed

*All AG districts allow Zoning Administrator to approve one to three parcel subdivisions accompanied by a survey. A subdivision counts as one in the density quota's.

Front Yard Setbacks in Ag Districts 1, 2, & 3 is 75' from center of road, no limitations on rear and side yard (unless abutting a residential district): Ag 4 has 75' front yard, 15' rear yard and 10' side yard.

All special uses need to go before the Planning Commission and then the County Board for approval. The County Board has final authority on these issues. Regulations require us to advertise at least 10 working days before the hearing of the date/time/place and purpose, notify adjoining landowners within a one (1) mile radius with the same information and post the property for a Special Use application.

Minimum lot size in all Ag districts is three (3) acres (unless community water and sewer is available then it can be as little as one (1) acre).

Parcel sizes of 10.0 acres and under need subdivision approval; Parcel sizes of 10.01 + acres do not need subdivision approval or an accompanying survey. If adding onto a parcel without leaving a parcel under 10.0 acres subdivision is not needed.

**If filling out a subdivision application, please be sure to fill out TWO ORIGINALS. No copies or faxes of any original will be accepted.**

The Gage County Planning Commission meets the second Thursday of the month. In order to get a Special Use, Zoning Relation change, or Zoning Map Amendment on for a hearing it has to be in our office by the middle of the preceding month.

There is a $50.00 fee for building permits.
($3.00 per $1,000 Development Fee for all non-farm structures)



Subdivision Regulations:

Special Use Permit approval is needed to develop a subdivision. Preliminary Plat is usually approved at the same time (but doesn't have to be). Final Plat approved as an agenda item only as long as it meets all the requirements.

History of Zoning in Gage County:

December 15, 1999-Temporary Zoning Adopted
June 11, 2001-Comprehensive Plan approved & zoning regulations adopted
December 2002-Lot size decreased to a three (3) acre minimum