Requirements for a marriage license issued by Gage County
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot
marry in Nebraska if you are under 17.
- Parental consent required for applicants who are 17 or 18 years
of age. The
parental consent forms are available at the County Clerk's office. At 19
years of age you can marry without parental consent.
- One form of current identification which contains a photo of the
applicant and their birthdate is required - i.e. Drivers license,
State ID card, or
Passport (birth certificates are no longer accepted as a form of
identification as they do not contain a photo).
- Need to know birthplace of bride and groom.
- Need full names (including mother's maiden names) and
birthplaces of both sets of parents.
- Social security numbers of Bride and Groom, if they have one.
Applicants who do not have a Social Security Number must complete a
form provided by the Clerk asserting they do not have a Social
- If the applicant had a previous marriage, we will need to know
the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce decree or date of
- No blood test is required.
- Licenses are good for one year from date of issuance. Therefore,
they have to be married within that year or they need to apply
- A couple may apply for their
any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any other
- Both the bride and groom must appear IN PERSON at the Clerk's
Office when applying for the license as their signatures are
required. A license CANNOT be obtained through the mail.
- Fee: $34.00 ($25 for the license and $9 for a certified copy to
be sent to the couple when the license is returned to our office -
this is required when changing driver's lic., social security card,
To receive a Gage County
marriage license, click where highlighted for a form, or send a
$9.00 check or money order and the following information:
- Name of groom.
- Name of bride (including maiden name)
- Month /day/year of marriage.
- (Must have been issued in Gage County for us to send a copy)
Noncertified photocopies for genealogy purposes, etc., are also available at a cost of $1.00 per record. Click here for a form, or send payment and the above information to the address below:
Gage County Clerk
612 Grant St., PO Box 429
Beatrice, NE 68310
Marriage License Application - $34.00 for license and certified copy
Certified Copy from State Vital Records